washy(redirected from washily)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
adj. wash·i·er, wash·i·est
1. Pale in color; washed-out.
2. Watery; diluted: washy tea.
3. Lacking strength or resolution: "I must be a weak, washy, evil thing who could not possibly make up his mind" (Theodore Dreiser).
adj, washier or washiest
1. overdiluted, watery, or weak
2. lacking intensity or strength
wash•y(ˈwɒʃ i, ˈwɔ ʃi)
adj. wash•i•er, wash•i•est.
1. diluted too much; weak: washy coffee.
2. pale, thin, or weak, as if from excessive dilution; pallid: washy coloring.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||washy - overly diluted; thin and insipid; "washy coffee"; "watery milk"; "weak tea"|
|2.||washy - having lost freshness or brilliance of color; "sun-bleached deck chairs"; "faded jeans"; "a very pale washed-out blue"; "washy colors"|