Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. A place where animals find water to drink.
2. A health resort with mineral springs; a spa.
3. Informal A watering hole.
1. (Human Geography) a place where drinking water for men or animals may be obtained
2. (Human Geography) Brit a spa
3. (Human Geography) Brit a seaside resort
1. a seaside or lakeside vacation resort.
2. a health resort near mineral springs, a lake, or the sea, featuring therapeutic baths, water cures, or the like; spa.
3. a spring or water hole containing drinking water.