weathered(redirected from weatheredly)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Encyclopedia.
1. Worn, stained, or warped by or as if by exposure to weather; seasoned: a roof of weathered shingles.
2. Architecture Sloped to shed water: a weathered masonry joint.
1. (Physical Geography) affected by exposure to the action of the weather
2. (Geological Science) (of rocks and rock formations) eroded, decomposed, or otherwise altered by the action of water, wind, frost, heat, etc
3. (Architecture) (of a sill, roof, etc) having a sloped surface so as to allow rainwater to run off
4. (Forestry) (of wood) artificially stained so as to appear weather-beaten: weathered garden furniture.
1. seasoned or otherwise affected by exposure to the weather.
2. (of wood) artificially treated to seem discolored or stained by the action of air, rain, etc.
3. made sloping or inclined, as a windowsill, to prevent the lodgment of water.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||weathered - worn by exposure to the weather; "a house of weathered shingles"|
worn - affected by wear; damaged by long use; "worn threads on the screw"; "a worn suit"; "the worn pockets on the jacket"
weathered[ˈwɛðərd] adj (= weather-beaten)
[stone] → érodé(e)
adj → verwittert; skin → wettergegerbt