Also found in: Thesaurus, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. One that weeps.
2. A hired mourner.
3. A badge of mourning, such as a black hatband or veil.
4. A hole or pipe in a wall to allow water to run off.
5. Informal A highly sentimental artistic, cinematic, or dramatic work.
1. a person who weeps, esp a hired mourner
2. (Clothing & Fashion) something worn as a sign of mourning
3. (Building) a hole through a wall, to allow water to drain away
1. a person who weeps.
2. (formerly) a hired mourner at a funeral.
3. any of various loose-hanging, streamerlike objects.
4. Informal. tearjerker.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||weeper - a person who weeps |
bawler - a loud weeper; "their new baby is a real bawler"
blubberer - someone who sniffles and weeps with loud sobs
|2.||weeper - a hired mourner|