wellspring(redirected from wellsprings)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Encyclopedia.
1. The source of a stream or spring.
2. A source: a wellspring of ideas.
1. (Physical Geography) the source of a spring or stream; fountainhead
2. a source of continual or abundant supply
[Old English welspryng, wylspring; see well2, spring]
1. the head or source of a spring, stream, river, or the like; fountainhead.
2. a continuous, seemingly inexhaustible source or supply of something: a wellspring of affection.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||wellspring - the source of water for a well|
|2.||wellspring - an abundant source; "she was a well of information"|
source - a document (or organization) from which information is obtained; "the reporter had two sources for the story"