Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. A worsted fabric with a distinct diagonal rib.
2. A strong twisted or braided cord sometimes used in making whiplashes.
1. (Textiles) a strong worsted or cotton fabric with a diagonally ribbed surface
2. (Textiles) a closely twisted hard cord used for the lashes of whips, etc
1. a cotton, woolen, or worsted fabric with a steep, diagonally ribbed surface.
2. a strong, hard-twisted cord of hemp or catgut.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||whipcord - closely twisted hard cord used for the lashes of whips|
cord - a line made of twisted fibers or threads; "the bundle was tied with a cord"
|2.||whipcord - a strong worsted or cotton fabric with a diagonal rib|