Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to white lead: white lead putty
A heavy white poisonous powder, essentially basic lead carbonate, used in paint pigments.
1. (Elements & Compounds) Also called: ceruse a white solid usually regarded as a mixture of lead carbonate and lead hydroxide; basic lead carbonate: used in paint and in making putty and ointments for the treatment of burns. Formula: 2PbCO3.Pb(OH)2
2. (Elements & Compounds) either of two similar white pigments based on lead sulphate or lead silicate
3. (Elements & Compounds) a type of putty made by mixing white lead with boiled linseed oil
1. a white heavy powder of basic lead carbonate, 2PbCO3∙Pb(OH)2, used as a pigment, in putty, and in ointments for burns.
2. putty made from white lead in oil.