whitewood(redirected from whitewoods)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
1. Any of various trees having soft light-colored wood, such as a tulip tree, basswood, or spruce.
2. The wood of any of these trees.
1. (Plants) any of various trees with light-coloured wood, such as the tulip tree, basswood, and cottonwood
2. (Forestry) the wood of any of these trees
3. (Plants) Also: whiteywood another name for mahoe
1. any of numerous trees, as the basswood, yielding a white or light-colored wood.
2. the wood of these trees.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||whitewood - light easily worked wood of a tulip tree; used for furniture and veneer|
canary whitewood, Liriodendron tulipifera, tulip poplar, tulip tree, yellow poplar - tall North American deciduous timber tree having large tulip-shaped greenish yellow flowers and conelike fruit; yields soft white woods used especially for cabinet work
wood - the hard fibrous lignified substance under the bark of trees