Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
n, pl -men
1. (Forestry) a person who looks after and fells trees used for timber
2. (Forestry) another word for woodsman
3. (Hunting) obsolete a hunter who is knowledgeable about woods and the animals living in them
n., pl. -men.
2. a person who fells timber, esp. for fuel.
3. Obs. a hunter of forest game.
wood′man•craft` (-ˌkræft, -ˌkrɑft) n.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||woodman - someone who lives in the woods |
rustic - an unsophisticated country person
|2.||woodman - makes things out of wood |
carpenter - a woodworker who makes or repairs wooden objects
joiner - a woodworker whose work involves making things by joining pieces of wood
splicer - a woodworker who joins pieces of wood with a splice