Also found in: Thesaurus, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
adj. & n.
Variant of woolly.
or wool•y(ˈwʊl i)
adj. wool•li•er or wool•i•er, wool•li•est or wool•i•est, adj.
1. consisting of or resembling wool: a woolly fleece; woolly hair.
2. clothed or covered with wool or something like it.
3. like the rough, vigorous atmosphere of the early West in the U.S.: wild and woolly.
4. fuzzy; unclear; disorganized.n.
5. Western U.S. a wool-bearing animal; sheep.
6. Also, wool′ie. Usu., woollies or woolies. a woolen garment, esp. a knitted undergarment.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||wooly - having a fluffy character or appearance|
soft - yielding readily to pressure or weight
|2.||wooly - confused and vague; used especially of thinking; "muddleheaded ideas"; "your addled little brain"; "woolly thinking"; "woolly-headed ideas"|
confused - mentally confused; unable to think with clarity or act intelligently; "the flood of questions left her bewildered and confused"
|3.||wooly - covered with dense often matted or curly hairs; "woolly lambs"|