Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Financial, Encyclopedia.
Related to wordage: incapacitated
1. Words considered as a group, or the manner in which words are used: "He stammered indistinctly, searching for the correct wordage" (Tom Robbins).
2. The number of words used, as in a novel: Is the author's payment based on total wordage?
(Linguistics) words considered collectively, esp a quantity of words
1. words collectively.
2. quantity or amount of words.
3. verbiage; wordiness.
4. choice of words; wording.
Switch to new thesaurus
1. Words or the use of words in excess of those needed for clarity or precision: