Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal.
Related to workaday: workday
1. Relating to or suited for working days: "With Monday the week resumed its workaday rhythm" (F. Scott Fitzgerald).
2. Ordinary or commonplace: "the practical, workaday world, of ... ordinary undistinguished things" (Lionel Trilling).
[From Middle English werkeday, workday : werke (alteration of work; see work) + day, day; see day.]
adj (usually prenominal)
1. being a part of general human experience; ordinary
2. (Industrial Relations & HR Terms) suitable for working days; everyday or practical
1. characteristic of or befitting working days or the workday.
2. ordinary; everyday; prosaic.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||workaday - found in the ordinary course of events; "a placid everyday scene"; "it was a routine day"; "there's nothing quite like a real...train conductor to add color to a quotidian commute"- Anita Diamant|
ordinary - not exceptional in any way especially in quality or ability or size or degree; "ordinary everyday objects"; "ordinary decency"; "an ordinary day"; "an ordinary wine"