workday(redirected from workdays)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Encyclopedia.
1. A day on which work is usually done.
2. The part of the day during which one works: an eight-hour workday.
(Industrial Relations & HR Terms) the usual US term for working day
another word for workaday
1. a day on which work is done; working day.
2. the part of a day during which one works.
3. the length of time during a day on which one works: a seven-hour workday.adj.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||workday - a day on which work is done |
weekday - any day except Sunday (and sometimes except Saturday)
|2.||workday - the amount of time that a worker must work for an agreed daily wage; "they work an 8-hour day"|
day - the recurring hours when you are not sleeping (especially those when you are working); "my day began early this morning"; "it was a busy day on the stock exchange"; "she called it a day and went to bed"