Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. The assets of a business that can be applied to its operation.
2. The amount of current assets that exceeds current liabilities.
1. (Accounting & Book-keeping) accounting current assets minus current liabilities
2. (Accounting & Book-keeping) current or liquid assets
3. (Accounting & Book-keeping) that part of the capital of a business enterprise available for operations
1. the amount of capital needed to carry on a business.
2. Accounting. current assets minus current liabilities.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||working capital - assets available for use in the production of further assets|
assets - anything of material value or usefulness that is owned by a person or company
current assets, liquid assets, quick assets - assets in the form of cash (or easily convertible into cash)
stock - the capital raised by a corporation through the issue of shares entitling holders to an ownership interest (equity); "he owns a controlling share of the company's stock"
operating capital - capital available for the operations of a firm (e.g. manufacturing or transportation) as distinct from financial transactions and long-term improvements
seed money - capital needed to set up a new business or enterprise