Also found in: Medical, Financial, Acronyms, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. A room, area, or small establishment where manual or light industrial work is done.
2. An educational seminar or series of meetings emphasizing interaction and exchange of information among a usually small number of participants: a creative writing workshop.
tr.v. work·shopped, work·shop·ping, work·shops
To create or revise (a drama or literary work) based on suggestions or criticism from a group of collaborators.
1. (Building) a room or building in which manufacturing or other forms of manual work are carried on
2. (Building) a room in a private dwelling, school, etc, set aside for crafts
3. (Education) a group of people engaged in study or work on a creative project or subject: a music workshop.
4. (Theatre) (tr) to perform (a play) with no costumes, set, or musical accompaniment
1. a room, group of rooms, or building in which work, esp. mechanical work, is carried on.
2. a seminar or small group that meets to explore some subject, develop a skill or technique, carry out a creative project, etc.
|Noun||1.||workshop - small workplace where handcrafts or manufacturing are done|
bindery - a workshop where books are bound
bookbindery - a bookbinder's workshop; a place for binding books
chop shop - a place where stolen cars are disassembled for their parts
dye-works - a workshop where dyeing is done
machine shop - workshop where metal is cut and shaped etc., by machine tools
pottery - a workshop where clayware is made
saddlery - workshop where a saddler works
sheltered workshop - a workshop that offers jobs to members of the physically or developmentally disabled population
turnery - workshop where objects are made on a lathe
|2.||workshop - a brief intensive course for a small group; emphasizes problem solving|
workshop→ وَرْشَةُ العَمَل dílna workshop Werkstatt εργαστήρι taller työpaja atelier radionica laboratorio 仕事場 작업장 workshop verksted warsztat oficina мастерская verkstad ห้องทำงานในโรงงาน atölye phân xưởng 车间
n. laboratorio o taller de trabajo.