wormy(redirected from worminess)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
adj. worm·i·er, worm·i·est
1. Infested with or damaged by worms.
2. Suggestive of a worm.
adj, wormier or wormiest
1. (Zoology) worm-infested or worm-eaten
2. resembling a worm in appearance, ways, or condition
3. (Forestry) (of wood) having irregular small tunnels bored into it and tracked over its surface, made either by worms or artificially
4. low or grovelling
adj. worm•i•er, worm•i•est.
1. containing a worm or worms; contaminated with worms.
2. damaged or bored into by worms; worm-eaten.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||wormy - infested with or damaged (as if eaten) by worms|
worn - affected by wear; damaged by long use; "worn threads on the screw"; "a worn suit"; "the worn pockets on the jacket"
|2.||wormy - totally submissive|
submissive - inclined or willing to submit to orders or wishes of others or showing such inclination; "submissive servants"; "a submissive reply"; "replacing troublemakers with more submissive people"