Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Acronyms, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. A graduated measuring stick one yard in length.
2. A test, standard, or model used in measurement, comparison, or judgment.
1. a measure or standard used for comparison: on what kind of yardstick is he basing his criticism?.
2. (Tools) a graduated stick, one yard long, used for measurement
1. a stick a yard long, commonly marked with subdivisions, used for measuring.
2. any standard of measurement: Tests are not the only yardstick of academic achievement.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||yardstick - a measure or standard used for comparison; "on what kind of yardstick is he basing his judgment?"|
|2.||yardstick - a ruler or tape that is three feet long|