Also found in: Wikipedia.
Related to yare: won't
1. Agile; lively.
2. Nautical Responding easily; maneuverable. Used of a vessel.
3. Archaic Ready; prepared.
[Middle English, from Old English gearo, ready.]
adj, yarer or yarest
1. archaic or dialect ready, brisk, or eager
2. (Nautical Terms) (of a vessel) answering swiftly to the helm; easily handled
obsolete readily or eagerly
[Old English gearu ready; related to Old Saxon, Old High German garo ready, prepared, Old Norse gorr]
yare(yɛər or, esp. for 1,2, yɑr)
adj. yar•er, yar•est.
1. quick; agile; lively.
2. (of a ship) quick to the helm; easily handled or maneuvered.
3. Archaic.Also, yar (for defs. 1,2).
a. ready; prepared.
b. nimble; quick.
[before 900; Middle English; Old English gearu, gearo=ge- y- + earu ready; c. Old Saxon, Old High German garo ready]