Also found in: Thesaurus, Idioms, Wikipedia.
Related to zonk: zonk out
v. zonked, zonk·ing, zonks Slang
1. To cause to be asleep. Often used with out: My roommate was zonked out on the couch.
2. To stupefy or intoxicate with drugs or alcohol: "zonk their patients with tranquilizers" (Psychology Today).
1. To go to sleep or be asleep. Often used with out.
2. To become intoxicated with drugs or alcohol.
to strike resoundingly or hit heavily
1. to become stupefied or unconscious from alcohol or drugs; pass out.
2. to become exhausted or fall asleep from fatigue.v.t.
3. to stupefy, sedate, or intoxicate.
4. to strike suddenly; knock out.(often fol. by out)(often fol. by out)
[1945–50; of expressive orig.; -onk perhaps copies conk2]