Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. Attribution of animal characteristics or qualities to a god.
2. Use of animal forms in symbolism, literature, or graphic representation.
1. (Alternative Belief Systems) the conception or representation of deities in the form of animals
2. (Art Terms) the use of animal forms or symbols in art, literature, etc
3. (Literary & Literary Critical Terms) the use of animal forms or symbols in art, literature, etc
the attribution of animal form or nature to a deity.See also: God and Gods
the attribution of animal form or nature, especially to a deity. — zoomorphic, adj.See also: Animals