growing pains(redirected from 'growing' pains)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical.
1. Pains in the limbs and joints of children or adolescents, often attributed to rapid growth but arising from various unrelated causes.
2. Emotional difficulties that occur during adolescence.
3. Problems that arise in the initiation or enlargement of an enterprise.
1. (Pathology) pains in muscles or joints sometimes experienced by children during a period of unusually rapid growth
2. difficulties besetting a new enterprise in its early stages
1. dull, quasi-rheumatic pains of varying degree in the limbs during childhood and adolescence, often popularly associated with the process of growing.
2. emotional difficulties experienced during adolescence and preadulthood.
3. difficulties attending a new project or rapid development of an existing project.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||growing pains - pain in muscles or joints sometimes experienced by children and often attributed to rapid growth|
|2.||growing pains - emotional distress arising during adolescence|
|3.||growing pains - problems that arise in enlarging an enterprise (especially in the early stages)|
n., pl. los llamados dolores de crecimiento quejas por niños y adolescentes de las articulaciones atribuidas al crecimiento y otras causas.