Also found in: Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. Tendency toward: hemophilia.
2. Attraction to or preference for: Anglophilia.
3. Abnormal attraction to: necrophilia.
[New Latin, from Greek -philiā : -philos, -phile + -iā, -ia.]
n combining form
1. indicating a tendency towards: haemophilia.
2. indicating an abnormal liking for: necrophilia.
[from Greek philos loving]
-philiac n combining form
a combining form occurring in abstract nouns that correspond to adjectives ending in -philic or -philous or nouns ending in -phile.