rigger(redirected from -riggers)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. One that rigs: oil and gas riggers.
2. Nautical A ship with a specific kind of rigging. Often used in combination: a square-rigger.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Nautical Terms) a workman who rigs vessels, etc
2. (Professions) a workman who rigs vessels, etc
3. (Rowing) rowing a bracket on a racing shell or other boat to support a projecting rowlock
4. (Mechanical Engineering) a person skilled in the use of pulleys, lifting gear, cranes, etc
5. (Professions) a person skilled in the use of pulleys, lifting gear, cranes, etc
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
a person who rigs.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||rigger - someone who rigs ships|
|2.||rigger - a long slender pointed sable brush used by artists|
|3.||rigger - someone who works on an oil rig|
oilman - a worker who produces or sells petroleum
|4.||rigger - a sailing vessel with a specified rig; "a square rigger"|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
n (Naut) → Takler m
Collins German Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 7th Edition 2005. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1980 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2007