aspect ratio(redirected from 1.78:1)
Also found in: Financial, Encyclopedia.
1. The width-to-height ratio of an image or of the area used to display an image. Most widescreen televisions have an aspect ratio of 16:9.
2. The span-to-mean-chord ratio of an airfoil.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Electronics) the ratio of width to height of the picture on a television or cinema screen
2. (Aeronautics) aeronautics the ratio of the span of a wing to its mean chord
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. the ratio of the span of an airfoil to its mean chord.
2. the ratio of the width of a televised or computer-screen image to its height.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
|Noun||1.||aspect ratio - the ratio of the width to the height of a tv picture|
ratio - the relative magnitudes of two quantities (usually expressed as a quotient)
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.