graphics(redirected from 2D graphics)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
a. (used with a sing. verb) The making of drawings in accordance with the rules of mathematics, as in engineering or architecture.
b. (used with a pl. verb) Calculations, as of structural stress, from such drawings.
2. (used with a sing. or pl. verb) See graphic arts.
a. (used with a sing. or pl. verb) The pictorial representation and manipulation of data, as used in computer-aided design and manufacture, in typesetting and the graphic arts, and in educational and recreational programs.
b. (used with a sing. verb) The process by which a computer displays data pictorially.
1. (Art Terms) (functioning as singular) the process or art of drawing in accordance with mathematical principles
2. (Linguistics) (functioning as singular) the study of writing systems
3. (Journalism & Publishing) (functioning as plural) the drawings, photographs, etc, in the layout of a magazine or book, or in a television or film production
4. (Computer Science) (functioning as plural) the information displayed on a visual display unit or on a computer printout in the form of diagrams, graphs, pictures, and symbols
1. (used with a sing. v.) the art of drawing.
2. (used with a pl. v.) graphic arts (def. 1).
3. (used with a pl. v.) titles, credits, and other text shown on a motion picture or television screen.
4. (used with a sing. v.) the science of calculating by diagrams.
5. (used with a sing. v.) computer graphics.
1. The representation of data in a way that includes images in addition to text. Computer-aided design, typesetting, and video games, for example, involve the use of graphics.
2. The process by which a computer displays information in the form of images.
Pictures made with a computer.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||graphics - photographs or other visual representations in a printed publication; "the publisher was responsible for all the artwork in the book"|
publication - a copy of a printed work offered for distribution
visual communication - communication that relies on vision
illustration - artwork that helps make something clear or attractive
drawing - an illustration that is drawn by hand and published in a book, magazine, or newspaper; "it is shown by the drawing in Fig. 7"
|2.||graphics - the drawings and photographs in the layout of a book|
computer graphics - the pictorial representation and manipulation of data by a computer
graphic art - the arts of drawing or painting or printmaking
hình minh họa