normalization(redirected from 3NF)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Acronyms, Encyclopedia.
v. nor·mal·ized, nor·mal·iz·ing, nor·mal·iz·es
1. To make normal, especially to cause to conform to a standard or norm: normalize a patient's temperature; normalizing relations with a former enemy nation.
2. To cause (something previously regarded as anomalous) to be accepted as normal, thereby altering the accepted norm: "The increased visibility of Iraq War amputees has helped normalize the use of prostheses" (Bruce Barcott).
3. To make (a text or language) regular and consistent, especially with respect to spelling or style.
4. To remove strains and reduce coarse crystalline structures in (metal), especially by heating and cooling.
To become or return to normal: waiting for diplomatic relations to normalize.
nor′mal·i·za′tion (-mə-lĭ-zā′shən) n.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. the act or process of normalizing
2. (Social Welfare) social welfare the policy of offering mentally or physically handicapped people patterns, conditions, and experiences of everyday life as close as possible to those of nonhandicapped people, by not segregating them physically, socially, and administratively from the rest of society
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||normalization - the imposition of standards or regulations; "a committee was appointed to recommend terminological standardization"|
social control - control exerted (actively or passively) by group action
stabilization, stabilisation - the act of stabilizing something or making it more stable; "he worked for price stabilization for farm products"; "wage stabilization is necessary for industrial peace"; "stabilization means that the product can be handled under atmospheric conditions"
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
normalization[ˌnɔːməlaɪˈzeɪʃən] N → normalización f
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
n → Normalisierung f
Collins German Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 7th Edition 2005. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1980 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2007
normalization[ˌnɔːməlaɪˈzeɪʃ/ən] n → normalizzazione f
Collins Italian Dictionary 1st Edition © HarperCollins Publishers 1995
n. normalización, regreso al estado normal.
English-Spanish Medical Dictionary © Farlex 2012