stereoscopy(redirected from 3d photos)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
1. The viewing of objects as three-dimensional.
2. The technique of making or using stereoscopes and stereoscopic slides.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Art Terms) the viewing or appearance of objects in or as if in three dimensions
2. (General Physics) the study and use of the stereoscope
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
ster•e•os•co•py(ˌstɛr iˈɒs kə pi, ˌstɪər-)
1. the study of the stereoscope and its techniques.
2. three-dimensional vision.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||stereoscopy - three-dimensional vision produced by the fusion of two slightly different views of a scene on each retina|
binocular vision - vision involving the use of both eyes
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.