forty-five(redirected from 45 (number))
Also found in: Thesaurus, Wikipedia.
1. A .45-caliber pistol.
2. A phonograph record designed to be played at 45 revolutions per minute.
for′ty-five′ adj. & pron.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Music, other) a gramophone record played at 45 revolutions per minute
2. (Firearms, Gunnery, Ordnance & Artillery) US and Canadian a pistol having .45 calibre
(Historical Terms) the Forty-Five history Brit another name for Jacobite Rebellion2
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. a cardinal number, 40 plus 5.
2. a symbol for this number, as 45 or XLV.
3. a set of this many persons or things.
4. a.45-caliber handgun or its cartridge (often written as.45).
5. a 7-inch phonograph record played at 45 r.p.m. (often written as 45).
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||forty-five - a .45-caliber pistol|
|Adj.||1.||forty-five - being five more than forty |
cardinal - being or denoting a numerical quantity but not order; "cardinal numbers"
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.