footage(redirected from A roll)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. Length, extent, or amount based on measurement in feet: estimated the square footage of new office space.
2. Recorded film or video, especially of a specified nature or subject: news footage; detailed footage of the royal wedding.
1. (Units) a length or distance measured in feet
a. the extent of film material shot and exposed
b. the sequences of filmed material
3. (Mining & Quarrying)
a. payment, by the linear foot of work done
b. the amount paid
1. length or extent in feet: the footage of lumber.
2. a film or videotape scene or scenes: newsreel footage.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||footage - film that has been shot; "they had stock footage of lightning, tornados, and hurricanes"; "he edited the news footage"|
|2.||footage - a rate of charging by the linear foot of work done|