radius(redirected from Aaa server)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Encyclopedia.
Related to Aaa server: Radius server
n. pl. ra·di·i (-dē-ī′) or ra·di·us·es
1. Abbr. r or rad. Mathematics
a. A line segment that joins the center of a circle with any point on its circumference.
b. A line segment that joins the center of a sphere with any point on its surface.
c. A line segment that joins the center of a regular polygon with any of its vertices.
d. The length of any such line segment.
2. A circular area measured by a given radius: every family within a radius of 25 miles of the city center.
3. A bounded range of effective activity or influence: the operating radius of a helicopter.
4. A radial part or structure, such as a mechanically pivoted arm or the spoke of a wheel.
a. A long, prismatic, slightly curved bone in humans, the shorter and thicker of the two forearm bones, located on the lateral side of the ulna.
b. A similar bone in many other vertebrates.
[Latin, ray, spoke of a wheel, radius; see ray1.]
n, pl -dii (-dɪˌaɪ) or -diuses
1. (Mathematics) a straight line joining the centre of a circle or sphere to any point on the circumference or surface
2. (Mathematics) the length of this line, usually denoted by the symbol r
3. (Mathematics) the distance from the centre of a regular polygon to a vertex (long radius) or the perpendicular distance to a side (short radius)
4. (Anatomy) anatomy the outer and slightly shorter of the two bones of the human forearm, extending from the elbow to the wrist
5. (Zoology) a corresponding bone in other vertebrates
6. (Zoology) any of the veins of an insect's wing
7. (Botany) a group of ray florets, occurring in such plants as the daisy
a. any radial or radiating part, such as a spoke
b. (as modifier): a radius arm.
9. (Mechanical Engineering) the lateral displacement of a cam or eccentric wheel
10. a circular area of a size indicated by the length of its radius: the police stopped every lorry within a radius of four miles.
11. the operational limit of a ship, aircraft, etc
[C16: from Latin: rod, ray, spoke]
ra•di•us(ˈreɪ di əs)
n., pl. -di•i (-diˌaɪ)
1. a straight line extending from the center of a circle or sphere to the circumference or surface: The radius of a circle is half the diameter.
2. the length of such a line.
3. any radial or radiating part.
4. a circular area having an extent determined by the length of the radius from a given or specified central point: every house within a radius of 50 miles.
5. a field or range of operation or influence.
6. extent of possible operation, travel, etc., as under a single supply of fuel.
7. the bone of the forearm on the thumb side.
8. a corresponding bone in the forelimb of other vertebrates.
[1590–1600; < Latin: staff, rod, spoke, beam, ray1]
Plural radii (rā′dē-ī′) or radiuses
1. A line segment that joins the center of a circle or sphere with any point on the circumference of the circle or the surface of the sphere. It is half the length of the diameter.
2. The shorter and thicker of the two bones of the forearm or the lower portion of the foreleg. See more at skeleton.
One of the two bones of the forearm.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||radius - the length of a line segment between the center and circumference of a circle or sphere|
diam, diameter - the length of a straight line passing through the center of a circle and connecting two points on the circumference
semidiameter - the apparent radius of a celestial body when viewed as a disc from the earth
radius of curvature - the radius of the circle of curvature; the absolute value of the reciprocal of the curvature of a curve at a given point
length - the linear extent in space from one end to the other; the longest dimension of something that is fixed in place; "the length of the table was 5 feet"
|2.||radius - a straight line from the center to the perimeter of a circle (or from the center to the surface of a sphere)|
straight line - a line traced by a point traveling in a constant direction; a line of zero curvature; "the shortest distance between two points is a straight line"
|3.||radius - a circular region whose area is indicated by the length of its radius; "they located it within a radius of 2 miles"|
|4.||radius - the outer and slightly shorter of the two bones of the human forearm|
forearm - the part of the superior limb between the elbow and the wrist
arm bone - a bone in the arm
|5.||radius - support consisting of a radial member of a wheel joining the hub to the rim|
bicycle wheel - the wheel of a bicycle
cartwheel - a wheel that has wooden spokes and a metal rim
support - any device that bears the weight of another thing; "there was no place to attach supports for a shelf"
wagon wheel - a wheel of a wagon
yarı çapyarı çap çizgisi
1. (plural ˈradiuses) the area within a given distance from a central point. They searched within a radius of one mile from the school. radius نِصْف القُطر обхват raio okruh der Umkreis radius; afstand ακτίναradio raadius برد؛ محدوده säde rayonרדיוס त्रिज्या, अर्धव्यास unutar radijusa (ható)sugár radius radíus raggio 半径の描く範囲 반지름이 그리는 범위 spindulys rādiuss radius straalomkrets, radiuspromień, zasięg وړانګه (ددايرى)، شعاع raio rază раион, пределы okruh območje radijus radie ระยะห่างจากจุดศูนย์กลาง yarı çap 範圍 радіус قطر phạm vi 半径, 范围
2. (plural ˈradii (-diai) ) a straight line from the centre of a circle to its circumference. radius نصف قُطُر: الخَط الواصِل من مَرْكِز الدّائِرَه الى المُحيط радиус raio poloměr der Radius radius ακτίνα κύκλου radio raadius شعاع säde rayonרדיוס घेरा, परास, क्षेत्र polumjer sugár garis tengah radíus raggio 半径 반지름의 길이 spindulys rādiuss jejari straalradiuspromień شعاع raio rază радиус polomer polmer poluprečnik radie รัศมี yarı çap çizgisi 半徑 радіус نصف قطر bán kính 半径
1. hueso largo del antebrazo;
2. línea recta que une el centro y cualquier punto de la circunferencia.