receivership(redirected from Administrative receivership)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Financial, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. The office or functions of a receiver.
2. The state of being held by a receiver: The company went into receivership.
1. (Law) the office or function of a receiver
2. (Law) the condition of being administered by a receiver
1. the condition of being in the hands of a receiver.
2. the position or function of being a receiver in charge of administering the property of others.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||receivership - the state of property that is in the hands of a receiver; "the business is in receivership"|
state - the way something is with respect to its main attributes; "the current state of knowledge"; "his state of health"; "in a weak financial state"
|2.||receivership - a court action that places property under the control of a receiver during litigation so that it can be preserved for the benefit of all|
legal proceeding, proceeding, proceedings - (law) the institution of a sequence of steps by which legal judgments are invoked
|3.||receivership - the office of a receiver|