love feast(redirected from Agape feast)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Wikipedia.
a. A meal shared among early Christians as a symbol of love.
b. A similar symbolic meal among certain modern Christian sects.
2. A gathering intended to promote goodwill among the participants.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Ecclesiastical Terms) Also called: agape (among the early Christians) a religious meal eaten with others as a sign of mutual love and fellowship
2. a ritual meal modelled upon this
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. a meal eaten together in token of brotherly love and charity.
2. a gathering to promote good feeling.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||love feast - a social gathering intended to create goodwill among the participants|
|2.||love feast - a religious meal shared as a sign of love and fellowship|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.