agrarian(redirected from Agrarians)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. Relating to the cultivation of land; agricultural: an agrarian economy.
2. Relating to or concerning the land and its ownership, cultivation, and tenure: agrarian reform.
A person who favors equitable distribution of land.
1. (Agriculture) of or relating to land or its cultivation or to systems of dividing landed property
2. (Agriculture) of or relating to rural or agricultural matters
(Government, Politics & Diplomacy) a person who favours the redistribution of landed property
[C16: from Latin agrārius, from ager field, land]
a•grar•i•an(əˈgrɛər i ən)
1. relating to land, land tenure, or the division of landed property.
2. pertaining to the promotion of agricultural interests: an agrarian movement.
3. composed of or pertaining to farmers: an agrarian co-op.
4. rural; agricultural.n.
5. a person who favors the equal division of landed property and the promotion of agricultural interests.
Being or belonging to a society based on cultivating crops.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||agrarian - relating to rural matters; "an agrarian (or agricultural) society"; "farming communities"|
rural - living in or characteristic of farming or country life; "rural people"; "large rural households"; "unpaved rural roads"; "an economy that is basically rural"