alt(redirected from Alanine Aminotransferase Test)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Financial, Encyclopedia.
Related to Alanine Aminotransferase Test: Aspartate Aminotransferase Test, Alkaline Phosphatase Test, albumin test, Creatinine Test, bilirubin test
The Alt key.
Pitched in the first octave above the treble staff; high.
1. The first octave above the treble staff.
2. A note or tone in the alt octave.
1. Espousing or reflecting values different from those of the establishment or of mainstream culture. Often used in combination: alt-rock music; an alt-weekly newspaper.
2. Existing outside traditional or established institutions or systems. Often used in combination: alt-fuels; an alt-lifestyle.
[Short for alternative.]
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Classical Music) (esp of vocal music) high in pitch
2. (Classical Music) of or relating to the octave commencing with the G above the top line of the treble staff
(Classical Music) in alt in the octave directly above the treble staff
[C16: from Provençal, from Latin altus high, deep]
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||ALT - angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object)|
angular position - relation by which any position with respect to any other position is established
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.