alar(redirected from Alar plate)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
A trademark for daminozide.
a·lar(ā′lər) or a·la·ry (ā′lə-rē)
1. Resembling, containing, or composed of wings or alae.
2. Anatomy Concerned with the armpit; axillary.
[Latin ālāris, from āla, wing.]
1. relating to, resembling, or having wings or alae
2. (Botany) denoting the cells at the base of a moss leaf, to the sides, that sometimes differ in structure from cells in the rest of the leaf
[C19: from Latin āla a wing]
(Horticulture) a chemical sprayed on cultivated apple trees in certain countries, to increase fruit set. Also called: daminozide
1. of, pertaining to, or having wings.
Trademark. a brand of daminozide.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Alar - a chemical sprayed on fruit trees to regulate their growth so the entire crop can be harvested at one time|
chemical, chemical substance - material produced by or used in a reaction involving changes in atoms or molecules
trademark - a formally registered symbol identifying the manufacturer or distributor of a product
|Adj.||1.||alar - of or relating to the axil|
|2.||alar - having or resembling wings |
winged - having wings or as if having wings of a specified kind; "the winged feet of Mercury";