tempo(redirected from Allegro assai)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Encyclopedia.
n. pl. tem·pos or tem·pi (-pē)
1. Music The speed at which music is or ought to be played, often indicated on written compositions by a descriptive or metronomic direction to the performer.
2. A characteristic rate or rhythm of activity; a pace: "the tempo and the feeling of modern life" (Robert L. Heilbroner).
[Italian, from Latin tempus, time.]
n, pl -pos or -pi (-piː)
1. (Music, other) the speed at which a piece or passage of music is meant to be played, usually indicated by a musical direction (tempo marking) or metronome marking
2. rate or pace
[C18: from Italian, from Latin tempus time]
n., pl. -pos, -pi (-pē).
1. the rate of speed of a musical passage or work, usu. indicated by printed direction, as largo, or by a metronome setting.
2. any characteristic rate, rhythm, or pattern: the tempo of city life.
[1680–90; < Italian < Latin tempus time]
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||tempo - (music) the speed at which a composition is to be played|
music - an artistic form of auditory communication incorporating instrumental or vocal tones in a structured and continuous manner
musical time - (music) the beat of musical rhythm
accelerando - a gradually increasing tempo of music; "my ear will not accept such violent accelerandos"
allegretto - a quicker tempo than andante but not as fast as allegro
allegro - a brisk and lively tempo
andante - a moderately slow tempo (a walking pace)
meno mosso - played at reduced speed; less rapid
rubato - a flexible tempo; not strictly on the beat
|2.||tempo - the rate of some repeating event|
beats per minute, bpm, M.M., metronome marking - the pace of music measured by the number of beats occurring in 60 seconds
rate - a magnitude or frequency relative to a time unit; "they traveled at a rate of 55 miles per hour"; "the rate of change was faster than expected"
n (Mus, fig) → Tempo nt
tempo(ˈtempəu) – plurals ˈtempos (music) ˈtempi (-piː) – noun
the speed at which a piece of music should be or is played. tempo سُرْعَة الإيقاع темпо andamento tempo das Tempo tempo ρυθμόςtempo tempo سرعت اجرا tempo tempoקצב ताल, गति शैली tempo, brzina tempó tempo musik (flutnings)hraði tempo テンポ (음악) 템포 tempas temps tempo tempotempo, hastighettempo andamento tempo темп tempo tempo tempo tempo จังหวะ tempo, vuruş (音樂的)拍子 темп رفتار، موسيقي کي رفتار tốc độ, nhịp độ （音乐的）速度，拍子，节奏