Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. Of or relating to a bolt or screw with a head having a hexagonal socket: an Allen bolt; an Allen screw.
2. Of or relating to a usually L-shaped wrench or screwdriver that fits such a socket.
[Originally a trademark.]
1. (Placename) Bog of Allen a region of peat bogs in central Ireland, west of Dublin. Area: over 10 sq km (3.75 sq miles)
2. (Placename) Lough Allen a lake in Ireland, in county Leitrim
1. (Biography) Ethan. 1738–89, American soldier during the War of Independence who led the Green Mountain Boys of Vermont
2. (Biography) Sir Thomas. born 1944, British operatic baritone
3. (Biography) Woody. real name Allen Stewart Konigsberg. born 1935, US film comedian, screenwriter, and director. His films as an actor and director include Annie Hall (1977), Manhattan (1979), Hannah and Her Sisters (1986), Bullets over Broadway (1994), Vicky Cristina Barcelona (2008), and Blue Jasmine (2013)
1. Ethan, 1738–89, American soldier in the Revolutionary War: leader of the “Green Mountain Boys” of Vermont.
2. Frederick Lewis, 1890–1954, U.S. historian and editor.
3. Woody (Allen Stewart Konigsberg), born 1935, U.S. comedian, author, actor, and filmmaker.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Allen - United States comedienne remembered as the confused but imperturbable partner of her husband, George Burns (1906-1964)|
|2.||Allen - United States filmmaker and comic actor (1935-)|
|3.||Allen - a soldier of the American Revolution whose troops helped capture Fort Ticonderoga from the British (1738-1789)|
n → Inbusschlüssel® m
n → Inbusschraube® f
n (US) → Inbusschlüssel® m