Aleutian(redirected from Alutian)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
Related to Alutian: Aleutian low
Of or relating to the Aleut, their language, or their culture.
A native or inhabitant of the Aleutian Islands, especially an Aleut.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Placename) of, denoting, or relating to the Aleutian Islands, the Aleuts, or their language
2. (Peoples) of, denoting, or relating to the Aleutian Islands, the Aleuts, or their language
3. (Languages) of, denoting, or relating to the Aleutian Islands, the Aleuts, or their language
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. of or pertaining to the Aleutian Islands.n.
3. Aleutians, Aleutian Islands.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Aleutian - a member of the people inhabiting the Aleutian Islands and southwestern Alaska|
|Adj.||1.||Aleutian - of or relating to the Aleut or their language or culture|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
Aleutian[əˈluːʃən] ADJ the Aleutian Islands; the Aleutians → las Islas Aleutianas
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005