Americanist(redirected from Americanist phonetic notation)
Also found in: Wikipedia.
1. One who studies a facet of America, such as its history or geology.
2. A specialist in the study of American aboriginal cultures or languages.
3. One that is sympathetic to the United States and its policies.
a person who studies some aspect of America, such as its history or languages
A•mer•i•can•ist(əˈmɛr ɪ kə nɪst)
1. a student of America, esp. of its history, culture, and geography.
2. a specialist in the cultures or languages of American Indians.