ancient history(redirected from Ancient historian)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
1. The history of times long past.
2. Informal Common knowledge, especially of a recent event that has lost its original impact or importance.
1. (Historical Terms) the history of the ancient world from the earliest known civilizations to the collapse of the Western Roman Empire in 476 ad
2. informal a recent event or fact sufficiently familiar to have lost its pertinence
1. the study of study of history before the end of the Western Roman Empire A.D. 476.
2. information or an event that is common knowledge or no longer pertinent.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||ancient history - a history of the ancient world|
|2.||ancient history - knowledge of some recent fact or event that has become so commonly known that it has lost its original pertinence|
common knowledge - anything generally known to everyone