Also found in: Thesaurus, Acronyms, Wikipedia.
Of, relating to, or between England and India.
1. A person of English and Indian ancestry.
2. A person of English birth or ancestry living in India.
3. The variety of English used in India.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. of or relating to England and India
2. denoting or relating to Anglo-Indians
3. (of a word) introduced into English from an Indian language
4. a person of mixed English and Indian descent
5. an English person who lives or has lived for a long time in India
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Anglo-Indian - a person of English citizenship born or living in India|
English person - a native or inhabitant of England
|Adj.||1.||Anglo-Indian - relating to British India or the English in India|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
A. ADJ → angloindio
B. N → angloindio/a m/f
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005