Also found in: Acronyms, Wikipedia.
1. A native of England living in Ireland.
2. A native of Ireland living in England.
3. A person of mixed Irish and English ancestry.
4. See Irish English.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. the Anglo-Irish (functioning as plural) the inhabitants of Ireland of English birth or descent
2. (Linguistics) the English language as spoken in Ireland
3. of or relating to the Anglo-Irish
4. of or relating to English and Irish
5. (Linguistics) of or relating to the English language as spoken in Ireland
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
An•glo-I•rish(ˈæŋ gloʊˈaɪ rɪʃ)
1. belonging to, relating to, or involving England and Ireland: Anglo-Irish literature.
2. of or pertaining to the Anglo-Irish.n.
3. (used with a pl. v.) persons of English descent, or of mixed English and Irish descent, living in Ireland.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
A. ADJ → angloirlandés
B. N → angloirlandés/esa m/f
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005