soursop(redirected from Annona sericea)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. A tropical American evergreen tree (Annona muricata) widely cultivated for its spiny, yellow-green fruit with tart edible pulp.
2. The fruit of this tree. In both senses also called guanabana.
1. (Plants) a small West Indian tree, Annona muricata, having large spiny fruit: family Annonaceae
2. (Cookery) the fruit of this tree, which has a tart edible pulp. Compare sweetsop
[C19: so called because of the flavour and consistency of the pulp]
sour•sop(ˈsaʊərˌsɒp, ˈsaʊ ər-)
1. the large, dark green, slightly acid, pulpy fruit of a small West Indian tree, Annona muricata, of the annona family.
2. the tree itself.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||soursop - small tropical American tree bearing large succulent slightly acid fruit|
|2.||soursop - large spiny tropical fruit with tart pulp related to custard apples|
custard apple - the fruit of any of several tropical American trees of the genus Annona having soft edible pulp