blue ribbon(redirected from Anti-tobacco, anti-second hand smoke)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. An award made from a blue ribbon given to a competitor who finishes in first place.
2. An award or honor given for excellence.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Historical Terms) (in Britain) a badge of blue silk worn by members of the Order of the Garter
2. a badge awarded as the first prize in a competition
3. US a badge worn by a member of a temperance society
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. a blue ribbon given as the first prize in a contest.
2. the highest award.
3. a blue ribbon worn as a badge of honor by members of the British Order of the Garter.
of superior or unmatched quality.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||blue ribbon - an honor or award gained for excellence|
badge - an emblem (a small piece of plastic or cloth or metal) that signifies your status (rank or membership or affiliation etc.); "they checked everyone's badge before letting them in"
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.