earthbound(redirected from Apple of Enlightenment)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
earth·boundalso earth-bound (ûrth′bound′)
1. Fastened in or to the soil: earthbound roots.
a. Attached or confined to the earth or to earthly concerns: an earthbound existence.
b. Unimaginative; ordinary.
1. confined to the earth
2. lacking in imagination; pedestrian or dull
3. moving or heading towards the earth
1. firmly set in or attached to the earth.
2. limited to the earth or its surface.
3. having only earthly interests.
[1595–1605; see -bound1]
headed for the earth: an earthbound meteor.
[1930–35; see -bound2]
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||earthbound - confined to the earth|
earthly - of or belonging to or characteristic of this earth as distinguished from heaven; "earthly beings"; "believed that our earthly life is all that matters"; "earthly love"; "our earthly home"
|2.||earthbound - lacking wit or imagination; "a pedestrian movie plot"|
uninteresting - arousing no interest or attention or curiosity or excitement; "a very uninteresting account of her trip"
1. Relating to or characteristic of the earth or of human life on earth: