appraisal(redirected from Appraisals)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Encyclopedia.
Related to Appraisals: Real Estate Appraisals
1. The act or an instance of appraising.
2. An expert or official valuation, as for taxation.
1. an assessment or estimation of the worth, value, or quality of a person or thing. See also performance appraisal
2. (Banking & Finance) a valuation of property or goods
1. the act of estimating or judging the nature or value of something or someone.
2. a valuation, as for sale or taxation.
3. an estimate or considered opinion. Sometimes, ap•praise′ment.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||appraisal - the classification of someone or something with respect to its worth|
categorisation, categorization, sorting, classification - the basic cognitive process of arranging into classes or categories
rating, valuation, evaluation - an appraisal of the value of something; "he set a high valuation on friendship"
assay, check - an appraisal of the state of affairs; "they made an assay of the contents"; "a check on its dependability under stress"
acid test - a rigorous or crucial appraisal
underevaluation - an appraisal that underestimates the value of something
|2.||appraisal - a document appraising the value of something (as for insurance or taxation)|
|3.||appraisal - an expert estimation of the quality, quantity, and other characteristics of someone or something|