Aristotelian(redirected from Aristotelians)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Encyclopedia.
Ar·is·to·te·li·analso Ar·is·to·te·le·an (ăr′ĭ-stə-tē′lē-ən, -tēl′yən, ə-rĭs′tə-)
Of or relating to Aristotle or to his philosophy.
1. A follower of Aristotle or his teachings.
2. A person whose thinking and methods tend to be empirical, scientific, or commonsensical.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Philosophy) of or relating to Aristotle or his philosophy
2. (Philosophy) (of a philosophical position) derived from that of Aristotle, or incorporating such of his major doctrines as the distinctions between matter and form, and substance and accident, or the primacy of individuals over universals
(Philosophy) a follower of Aristotle
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
or Ar•is•to•te•lean(ˌær ə stəˈtil yən, -ˈti li ən, əˌrɪs tə-)
1. of or based on Aristotle or his theories.n.
2. a follower of Aristotle.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Aristotelian - a follower of Aristotle or an adherent of Aristotelianism|
|Adj.||1.||Aristotelian - of or relating to Aristotle or his philosophy; "Aristotelean logic"|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
Aristotelian[ˌærɪstəˈtiːlɪən] ADJ → aristotélico
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
Collins German Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 7th Edition 2005. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1980 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2007
Aristotelian[ˌærɪstəˈtiːlɪən] adj → aristotelico/a
Collins Italian Dictionary 1st Edition © HarperCollins Publishers 1995