auricular(redirected from Auricular muscles)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
1. Of or relating to the sense of hearing or the organs of hearing.
2. Perceived by or spoken into the ear: an auricular confession.
3. Shaped like an ear or an earlobe; having earlike parts or extensions.
4. Of or relating to an auricle of the heart: auricular fibrillation.
[Middle English auriculer, spoken into the ear, from Late Latin auriculāris, from Latin auricula, ear; see auricle.]
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Physiology) of, relating to, or received by the sense or organs of hearing; aural
2. shaped like an ear
3. (Anatomy) of or relating to an auricle of the heart
4. (Zoology) (of feathers) occurring in tufts surrounding the ears of owls and similar birds
(Zoology) (usually plural) an auricular feather
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
au•ric•u•lar(ɔˈrɪk yə lər)
1. pertaining to the ear or to hearing; aural.
2. perceived by or addressed to the ear; made in private.
3. dependent on hearing; understood or known by hearing.
4. resembling an ear.n.
5. Usu., auriculars. the feathers that cover a bird's ear.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||auricular - of or relating to near the ear|
|2.||auricular - relating to or perceived by or shaped like the organ of hearing; "my apprehension of words is auricular; I must hear what I read"- George Santayana; "an auricular confession"; "an auricular appendage"|
|3.||auricular - pertaining to an auricle of the heart; "auricular fibrillation"|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
The American Heritage® Roget's Thesaurus. Copyright © 2013, 2014 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
Collins German Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 7th Edition 2005. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1980 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2007
a. aural, auricular.
1. rel. al sentido del oído;
2. rel. a una aurícula del corazón.
English-Spanish Medical Dictionary © Farlex 2012