Australian(redirected from Australian Stock Horse)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Wikipedia.
1. Of or relating to Australia or its peoples, languages, or cultures.
2. Of or relating to the Australasian biogeographic region.
1. A native or inhabitant of Australia.
2. A member of any of the Aboriginal peoples of Australia.
3. Any of the languages of the Aboriginal peoples of Australia.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Peoples) a native or inhabitant of Australia
2. (Languages) the form of English spoken in Australia
3. (Languages) a linguistic phylum consisting of the languages spoken by the native Australians
4. (Placename) of, relating to, or characteristic of Australia, the Australians, or their form of English
5. (Peoples) of, relating to, or characteristic of Australia, the Australians, or their form of English
6. (Languages) of, relating to, or characteristic of Australia, the Australians, or their form of English
7. (Languages) of, relating to, or belonging to the phylum of languages spoken by the native Australians
8. (Biology) of or denoting a zoogeographical region consisting of Australia, New Zealand, Polynesia, New Guinea, and the Moluccas
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. of or pertaining to Australia or its inhabitants: Autralian English.
2. belonging to a zoogeographic division comprising Australia, New Zealand, Tasmania, Sulawesi, the Moluccas, New Guinea, and adjacent smaller islands.n.
3. a native or inhabitant of Australia.
4. a member of any of the peoples who are the aboriginal inhabitants of Australia.
5. the group of more than 200 languages, many now extinct or moribund, spoken by the aboriginal peoples of Australia.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Australian - a native or inhabitant of Australia|
Australia, Commonwealth of Australia - a nation occupying the whole of the Australian continent; Aboriginal tribes are thought to have migrated from southeastern Asia 20,000 years ago; first Europeans were British convicts sent there as a penal colony
|2.||Australian - the Austronesian languages spoken by Australian aborigines|
Austronesian language, Austronesian - the family of languages spoken in Australia and Formosa and Malaysia and Polynesia
|Adj.||1.||Australian - of or relating to or characteristic of Australia or its inhabitants or its languages; "Australian deserts"; "Australian aborigines"|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
người Úcthuộc nước/người/tiếng Úc
A. ADJ → australiano
B. N → australiano/a m/f
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
Collins English/French Electronic Resource. © HarperCollins Publishers 2005
Collins German Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 7th Edition 2005. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1980 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2007
Australian[ɒsˈtreɪlɪən] adj & n → australiano/a
Collins Italian Dictionary 1st Edition © HarperCollins Publishers 1995
Australian→ اُسْتُراليّ Australan, australský australier, australsk Australier, australisch αυστραλέζικος, Αυστραλός australiano australialainen australien Australac, australski australiano オーストラリアの, オーストラリア人 호주 사람, 호주의 Australiër, Australisch australier, australsk Australijczyk, australijski australiano австралиец, австралийский australier, australisk ชาวออสเตรเลีย, ที่เกี่ยวกับออสเตรเลีย Avustralya, Avustralyalı người Úc, thuộc nước/người/tiếng Úc 澳大利亚人, 澳大利亚的
Multilingual Translator © HarperCollins Publishers 2009