Australian(redirected from Australian bat lyssavirus disease)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
1. Of or relating to Australia or its peoples, languages, or cultures.
2. Of or relating to the Australasian biogeographic region.
1. A native or inhabitant of Australia.
2. A member of any of the Aboriginal peoples of Australia.
3. Any of the languages of the Aboriginal peoples of Australia.
1. (Peoples) a native or inhabitant of Australia
2. (Languages) the form of English spoken in Australia
3. (Languages) a linguistic phylum consisting of the languages spoken by the native Australians
4. (Placename) of, relating to, or characteristic of Australia, the Australians, or their form of English
5. (Peoples) of, relating to, or characteristic of Australia, the Australians, or their form of English
6. (Languages) of, relating to, or characteristic of Australia, the Australians, or their form of English
7. (Languages) of, relating to, or belonging to the phylum of languages spoken by the native Australians
8. (Biology) of or denoting a zoogeographical region consisting of Australia, New Zealand, Polynesia, New Guinea, and the Moluccas
1. of or pertaining to Australia or its inhabitants: Autralian English.
2. belonging to a zoogeographic division comprising Australia, New Zealand, Tasmania, Sulawesi, the Moluccas, New Guinea, and adjacent smaller islands.n.
3. a native or inhabitant of Australia.
4. a member of any of the peoples who are the aboriginal inhabitants of Australia.
5. the group of more than 200 languages, many now extinct or moribund, spoken by the aboriginal peoples of Australia.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Australian - a native or inhabitant of Australia|
Australia, Commonwealth of Australia - a nation occupying the whole of the Australian continent; Aboriginal tribes are thought to have migrated from southeastern Asia 20,000 years ago; first Europeans were British convicts sent there as a penal colony
|2.||Australian - the Austronesian languages spoken by Australian aborigines|
Austronesian language, Austronesian - the family of languages spoken in Australia and Formosa and Malaysia and Polynesia
|Adj.||1.||Australian - of or relating to or characteristic of Australia or its inhabitants or its languages; "Australian deserts"; "Australian aborigines"|
người Úcthuộc nước/người/tiếng Úc